CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Singer Featherweight Machine! It's mine!!!

Good morning! I'm sitting here at home, having my "quiet" time with my coffee. The temperature today is going to be around 58 degrees and it's one of my favorite times of the year! The leaves are turning, the air is crisp and boy, do I feel like crafting!

My husband, Darrin, recently bought me an antique featherweight Singer sewing machine and I am so excited to use it! Four ladies came into The Gathering Place a couple weeks ago, on their way to a quilting weekend in Bennington. I was so envious and wanted to just jump in their van with them and go enjoy an entire weekend of quilting with other women who love to do that too! While talking, I found out that one of them, Gwen, had a featherweight with her that she was going to use during the weekend, but was wanting to sell. She has four of them! She gave me her cell phone number and told me to call her if I decided I wanted it, and they would stop by on their way back through. Darrin has been looking for one for me for months and they are always so expensive or hard to find. We decided to go for it, and I called Gwen on that Sunday morning, and they were just an hour away, so it was great timing! Anyway, I have my featherweight machine and I can take it to the shop and work on whatever little craft project I want to! I am so excited!!

This past weekend all three of my daughters were at the shop, helping. We took the following picture and I thought I'd share it with you! I think they are all beautiful - inside and out!

Enjoy this wonderful autumn day!

2 comments:

Bryan and Chelsey said...

Woo hoo!!! I'm so glad you finally got the machine you wanted! Now you can sew me some curtains! :O)

Anonymous said...

How great to play a small part in another's happiness! I only wish I lived closer to be able to enjoy your marvelous shop and delectable goodies with regularity. Birmingham is just too far away-Gwen