CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Old" Friends

Today I had the pleasure of seeing two "old" friends, Claudia and Marjorie. They came into the shop, not knowing that I was here; it was so wonderful to see them both! It just brought back tons of memories for me, as Claudia was the FIRST person I met when my little family first moved to Topeka 18 years ago. We cross paths every now and then, and I never tire of hearing from her the story of how we first met; walking into Western Hills Baptist Church for the first time, with Chelsey, who was 4, and Erica, who was 2, in their little dresses I had sewn for them. Claudia says she remembers it so well, and she was the one who welcomed us into Topeka and therein began a wonderful chapter of our lives, surrounded by some beautiful people whom I will never forget! Aaaaaahhh...memories!

Marjorie also reminded me of a time in my life when another friend, Chris, and I would put on these fabulous Christmas parties, and invite all of our women friends for an ornament exchange. We would have it at Chris's house; and I would do the baking and cooking, while she was in charge of the decorating. It gave all of us a chance to get to know each other better, exchange ornaments and build some great friendships! I remember making homemade Double Layer Almond Cake, decorated with buttercream frosting, with edible glitter, and a bow around it like a package. Maybe I'll make that for the cafe this year during the holiday season!

So, thank you to my "old" friends (who really aren't that OLD) for bringing a special smile to my day today! And please come back soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a surprise it was to find Julie and her great new little place in Paxico. I hadn't been there for years and Marjorie and I were on our way to Wamego and made plans to detour through Paxico to see what was still there. Not only was it much the same but even better! I must say "The Gathering Place" is quite a nice addition to a quaint little place. People who have never experienced places like Paxico, Kansas, are really missing out on something very special. I'd take Paxico over LA any day and hope I NEVER have to return to LA, but look forward to my returning to Paxico soon. Great to see you, Julie, "my" dear "Old" friend! Love ya, Claudia