I am sitting here thinking of the blessings I've received since I've opened The Gathering Place, and they are literally countless! I am so glad that I've had this opportunity; but, the time has come to close my doors. It is a bittersweet decision. On one hand, I feel a melancholy; on the other hand, I'm looking forward to what God has ready for me next!
In some ways, it is like my mom put it - "Right dream, wrong time." My husband will be starting a new job (thank You, God!) the first of August; and my youngest daughter, Kailey, will be starting high school in Topeka. I knew coming into this business, that there would be no money made, per se, from antiques...or the antiques I have, anyway. My antiques are ones that I love personally; that bring ME great joy just looking at them. They're not high-priced, they're not "big ticket" items, but they are priceless to me in many ways. My little sandwich shoppe has helped me to break even, most of the time. However, it is time to bring some money into the household income! :) So, I will be closing the last of August, and looking for a part-time job.
In other ways, it WAS the "right time." I met so many wonderful people and friends; I gained much wisdom in operating my own business; I learned some valuable lessons that I will carry with me. But, the best part....the friends I've made here. There are truly some beautiful people in this world and that is exactly what I needed at this time in my life.
I am selling everything in the store over $10.00 for 40% off! I will bring things from home daily to add to the store. This sale will exclude my consignments, quilts, and handmade items. I have a couple of displays for sale. One is a glass, lighted display.
Part of my plans for the future include joining with my mom, sister and daughter(s) to finally do some crafting and utilize my store name and website to sell our crafts, and do some craft shows. I am very excited about this, as I have missed crafting like crazy!
So, come and see me before the doors close; and keep me in mind for any part-time FUN jobs you may hear about; and keep watching for what the future brings for The Gathering Place! God is good! It's exciting!
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Another Chapter In Life...and a HUGE SALE!!!
Posted by The Gathering Place at 12:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment