Not necessarily in that order!
My son-in-law, Bryan, was recently diagnosed with colon cancer, with a huge tumor located in his rectum. We have gone through several weeks of horrible scary testing and gloomy diagnosis. Bryan was lifted up in prayer by hundreds of prayer warriors who believe that our God reigns and is in control! Thanks be to Him, we found out yesterday that the cancer hasn't spread and Bryan starts a routine of chemo/radiation for six weeks shortly; six weeks after he's done with that, he will have surgery. In the meantime, prayers have been answered in that the cancer is localized and as long as the road is ahead, that is a huge blessing! We want to give God the glory and do! Thank you to all who have prayed for Bryan and continue to do so! God bless you in a special way!
Now...NEW IDEAS. I am thinking of converting part of my store into a quilting/crafting shop! I would love to get your ideas and opinions about this idea! I have ideas about re-doing the inside of the store, and to mix vintage antique sewing notions and "smalls" with NEW sewing notions and smalls, and carrying specialty fabrics, woolfelt and different items like that. Eventually, I would like to have a teacher come and teach a class or two. I have been in touch with a lady from the Manhattan Quilter's Guild and have some ideas from her. I already carry WOOL RUG HOOKING KITS and HOOKS here from Rustic Rugs in Topeka. I am looking into lots of other ideas. If you have any suggestions or connections for me, please email me!
FEATHERWEIGHTS.....what can I say? Gwen got me started by selling me one of hers. I now own my second...TILLIE is her name. She is from Canada. I am absolutely in love with these little Singer machines! I must have more! :) I would like to carry some in my shop and will be attending a maintenance class to learn how to take care of these little beauties. If anyone knows of anyone who would like to sell a featherweight, please email me.
It is a beautiful day here in Paxico today! We are getting ready for the Meatloaf Festival/Cookoff on June 27! This promises to be a fun-filled family day! If you have a the "best" meatloaf recipe in town, please enter our cookoff! You can contact me for more information, or you can get on the merchants website and print off forms: www.paxicomerchants.com. Live music, Kansas Barn exhibits, vendors, it will be a fun summer day! Come spend it with us!
Friday, May 8, 2009
New Ideas, Featherweights and Cancer...
Posted by The Gathering Place at 10:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment