CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Musings

Saturday is our Paxico Christmas Open House! Every store is having specials, and goodies and Christmas treats....and if you received a postcard from me, or see the ad in the Alma paper and bring it in, YOU will receive a special Christmas gift from me! (If you would like to be on my mailing list, just send your info to my email address on the "Contact" page). I am making cookies and for lunch, I am planning to serve huge baked potatoes with either broccoli cheese topping or homemade chili topping! Yummy! We will have Christmas cookies and desserts too! Santa comes at 4:00 and the lighted Christmas parade is at 6:00! Come join us! We would love to see you!

I had the best time over Thanksgiving with my family! I missed Chelsey and Bryan, but other than that - it was wonderful! My sister, Jill, took her candles to a craft show in Oberlin on Saturday. My mom, Nancy, also had the CUTEST wall hangings for sale, as well as my bro-in-law's awesome shelves! The whole family hung out and browsed the other booths and I personally bought a lot of stuff! It was a nice little craft show, and almost everything was HANDMADE! I met Bob and Jeannette McConnell, from Starsburg, Colorado and bought some unbelievably wonderful hand-carved and painted wood Santas that Bob made...they are in my store for sale! I also met Georgia Chisholm and her sister, Theresa Eschliman, both of whom are extremely talented and so much fun to talk to! They obviously love what they do and it's contagious! I bought the cutest aprons from Georgia; she sews them with mostly VINTAGE FABRIC (love it) and notions, buttons...they are adorable! Again, in the store for sale! And I just went crazy in Theresa's booth - she makes the old-fashioned ornaments that your Grandma made! My whole family had a ball in her booth, picking out those nostalgic items that make you think of all the Christmases when you were a small child! I have them on my tree at home and I love them!

The Gathering Place is one of the stores featured in a two-page spread in the new edition of "The Country Register"! You can see it by clicking on my "Friends" page, and going to their website and downloading the Dec/Jan issue. It was a wonderful experience and I'm really proud of the article!

Back to work...going to bake some cookies for Saturday! I hope to see you all during this festive time!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
We really enjoyed visiting Paxico yesterday and eating at your place. The sausage and conversation was wonderful! As soon as we pulled in our driveway at home it hit me we'd forgotten to stop by and get some sausage. Rats! I guess that means we have another reason to visit again.

Debbie and Grant.

PS on the business card it says gatheringplaceinpaxico.com but that site doesn't seem to exist. When I did a search this came up
(http://thegatheringplaceinpaxico.blogspot.com) as the website address.

Thanks again for the hospitality!